Our School Lunch Menu
Our school meals are provided by Leicestershire Traded Services who have been providing school dinners for over 40 years. All food is cooked from fresh ingredients on site, including fresh bread. The menus meet the government food-based standards and LTS have won awards for nutritious food in schools.
Students can choose their meal in the morning via the class whiteboard. There are 4 choices available, a meat option, Halal option, vegetarian option and a light bite option and all meals come with a choice of dessert. If your child has a special diet such as food allergies, this can be catered for, but you must speak to a member of the Office Staff or Mrs O’Connor before your child has a school meal. A special diet request form needs to be completed and this can be downloaded from the Useful Forms section.
How much do school meals cost?
A two course school meal costs just £2.25. Why not ensure your child has a healthy, nutritious two course school dinner? Water is always available and milk for those registered for Free School Meals.
How do I pay for my child's meal?
Please pay for your child’s meal by ParentPay our online payment site. If you are not registered for ParentPay please speak to a member of the Office Staff or Mrs O’Connor so we can help you register. The school operates a strict no debt policy and no dinner will be able to be ordered unless your account is in credit. You will then need to provide a packed lunch.
Please visit ParentPay here for more information.
We do encourage healthy lunches and expect parents to provide a nutritious and balanced packed lunch. No sweets, chocolate or fizzy drinks please. Drinks should be brought in a plastic container with a sports lid (not screw top).
Free School Meals
Parents who are receiving certain benefits can claim free school meals for their children. School meals are a good way to ensure that your child eats well at lunchtime, and you can save yourself time and money. Even if your child doesn’t want a school meal, completing an application form means you will qualify for a reduced price on school trips, free school milk and will help with funding for the school to cover additional resources and support. The more eligible parents who apply, the more funding the school can receive!
Who is Eligible for Free School Meals?
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker's allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- National asylum seeker support
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Working tax credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
- Universal credit with annual net earned income of less than £7,400
How to Apply for Free School Meals
If you think you may be eligible you can apply in a number of ways:
- Phone 0116 454 1009. You will need your National Insurance Number when you call.
- Click here to apply online
- Speak to a member of the Office Staff for an application form.