Recommended school uniform for Merrydale Junior School.
Children do not have to have the school logo on their uniform but they are expected to come to school in the school colours, neat and tidily dressed.
Please make sure all uniform is clearly marked with your child’s name.
- Royal blue sweatshirt/cardigan
- White school shirt/polo shirt/blouse
- Grey/black skirt/trousers - Jeans are not allowed.
- Children may wear a blue and white summer dress in warmer weather.
- Footwear should be sensible and practical – trainers or black shoes/pumps. Sandals should be avoided as they do not provide adequate protection to the child’s feet. Flip flops are not permitted.
- White, Blue or Black plain headscarf.
- Book bags are provided, free of charge, to every child in their first school year at Merrydale. Replacement book bags can be purchased from the school office.
Please click the link below to view the supplier where we order our school uniforms
Physical Education/Games/Swimming Kit
A change of clothes for physical activities is essential and should be kept in school at all times. It may be taken home on a Friday and washed ready to return on a Monday morning. You will be notified when your child is swimming.
Your child’s PE/Games kit is best kept in a draw-string bag with your child's name embroidered in large clear letters on the outside. The bag should be kept on the child’s peg in the cloakroom or in their locker.
- Black PE shorts
- Plain white T-shirt
- Trainers/Plimsolls (Plimsolls are only suitable for indoor PE)
- Jogging suit/track suit for winter
When your child is swimming they will need a:
- Swimming costume (one piece)
- Swimming cap for longer hair
- Large towel
Many children have pierced ears and wear earrings for school. These should be small stud earrings only.
For PE/Games/Swimming lessons children need to be able to remove any adornments/jewellery by themselves. If children are unable to remove the jewellery by themselves, then please do not send them with earrings on the days they have PE or games activities.
It is a legal requirement for schools to ensure that policies and procedures are in place to ensure a safe environment for staff and students and health and safety confirms that the wearing of any jewellery or personal adornments during physical education lessons and sporting activities is not permitted. Religious jewellery must be taken off for the duration of the lesson and then may put straight back on.
The school accepts no liability for the loss or damage of any types of Jewellery or personal possessions. We advise that these items are not brought to school.