As a school we are mindful of and comply with the LA Expectations of Schools, and the SEN Code of Practice which outlines the key ways pupils should be supported in class.
Different interventions and approaches are used to address specific areas and we would look carefully at your child’s individual needs when deciding how best to support your child and which of the interventions to use.
All interventions and approaches included in this document have been shown to have a positive impact on pupils’ learning.
If you have any queries relating to the type of support we use in school, please contact Louise Saunders (SENCO) or Catriona Mugglestone (Head teacher) via the school office.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Policy
- SEND Information Report
- SEND Admission Statement
- Accessibility Plan
- Merrydale Parent Leaflet about SEND
- Leicester City’s response to Inclusive Provision
Click here to access the Leicester Local Offer website. The Local Offer is here to help you understand what services are available for your child and to help you find the right service for you.
SEN Support Services
Here are just a few support services that many of our parents use. If you know of other agencies and support services that you find useful please do let us know and we can add them to the school website.
- The Parent Partnership Service was created to support families whose children have or may have Special Educational Needs (SEN). In particular, the service aims to explain the processes and procedures associated with Special Educational Needs, and offers information and support to help families understand and navigate their way through the system. This is now known as SENDIASS.
- The British Dyslexia Association offer advice and support for children and adults with dyslexia.
- ADHD Solutions are an organisation set up to provide information, help and support for children, young people, and adults with ADHD – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – their families and anyone who supports them or works with them. They currently work across Leicestershire and Rutland. They are based at St Gabriel’s Community Centre, Kerrysdale Avenue, Rushey Mead, Leicester, LE4 7GH. Telephone: 0116 261 0711.